FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Monday, April 27, 2009

A Weekend in the Sun

Oh what a weekend. I made it my mission to spend as much time outside as possible (aka: operation tan), and I definitely conquered my goal.

Friday started with a great run in up to and around Central Park. There's just something about running outside and racing all the other runners that keeps me going. And of course I'm motivated to run longer so I can have more time in the sun. That night I partied with Michele and "The Real City Girls from New Jersey," whom I absolutely adore. These girls know how to party. Krista's boyfriend's brother was bar tending, which meant we basically didn't pay for drinks the whole night. We danced the night away and made plans for summer at the shore.

On Saturday I met up with my roomie from Barcelona, Ashley, and we looked at prospective apartments for her. After touring different places on the West side, we headed to Sheep's Meadow in Central Park to meet up with the other girls. Molly picked a great spot, so we had no trouble finding her among the billion others on the lawn. While Wendi lathered on SPF 30, I decided to be a little less conservative and go with SPF 4. Gotta get ready for LA in a few weeks, and this whole white-as-winter look just won't fly on the West coast.

Sunday was sunning day. Molly and I had brunch then headed to my roof to continue what we started at the park. The breeze was so much better from above... if only I had a pool, or a membership to Soho House. Then Nate rolled over (he actually rolled, on his skateboard) and brought me some magazine goodies. We spent the afternoon being lazy in the sun, reading Rolling Stone & Vanity Fair, laughing at Hulk Hogan, discussing Lost and listening to Kings of Leon.

My tan is coming along nicely, and it today looks like another great day for soaking up the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment