FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

TOPSHOP IS FINALLY HERE!!

My favourite British outpost -besides Pret A Manger -TOPSHOP is finally opening its grand doors Thursday! They've been putting this off since October it seems, and tonight feels like Christmas Eve to hundreds of NYC girls and boys. Hope you've been good this year, kids!

The store reminds me of my summer in London, when the "Spice Girls" and I frequently made trips to TS. Fashionistas can find some really great pieces here, and the prices won't kill you. Many of us have traded our Intermix days in for H&M, and I'm looking forward to see what this British invasion has to offer. I just hope it doesn't disappoint like the Kate Moss for TS at Barney's a couple years ago.

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategoriesDisplay?storeId=13052&catalogId=32051

The store is opening at a perfect time, when shoppers have turned into gawkers, and we're seeing the same things in stores. TOPSHOP's recession-friendly prices don't cause buyers' remorse and will leave us with some extra cash in our accounts. While all the luxury stores are suffering, I'm seeing a huge quantity of shopping bags from H&M and Forever 21 being carried by people ages 1 to 92. While luxury stores send out speical offers each week, practically begging us to spend money, the lower-priced stores continue to flourish. It's a sign of the times, my friends.

I'm breaking up with Bergdorf and trading down to TOPSHOP. Billion Dollar Babes?... I'm thinking more like babes on a budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment