FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

BYO Vino

I love going out to eat. However, now that my income has been put on hold, I'm not able to wine and dine as much as I would like to.

The food isn't the expensive part; it's when my friends and I start ordering drinks and bottles of wine that the bill skyrockets. More often than not, the alcohol portion of the tab is higher than the food. Living in NYC where the drinks often cost as much as a fillet, it's easy for this to happen.

So what is a girl to do when she wants to go out to eat with friends, and skipping wine isn't an option?

BYO!

Finding a BYO restaurant in this city seems harder than finding a decent job right now, but GoBYO has come to the rescue! The site searches restaurants in your area that have a bring your own wine policy. Besides NYC, other cities on the site include Chicago, Dallas, LA, San Fransisco, D.C. and Philly.

I think now I'll be checking GoBYO more than I check Monster.com. I'm sure I'll be happier with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment