FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day Happy Hour or Tea Party?

Hopefully you're not spending these final hours at H&R Block anxiously crammed in with hundreds of others to turn in your taxes. Whether or not you are, I'm sure you could use a drink today to celebrate the end of this tax season.

Harry's Bar at the Helmsley Hotel is extending their happy hour tonight from 5pm until midnight. That gives you plenty of hours to down some half-price drinks and appetizers.

Or if you prefer to protest Tax Day, you can join in on one of the Tea Parties going on across the country. But don't put all your tea bags in one cup.

I am eagerly awaiting my tax return, which will be a huge help to my unemployment piggy bank. At this point, any sum of money will seem like the lottery to me. I wish I could spend that nice little bundle of joy on some fabulous shoes or trip to Cannes, but unfortunately it will be going to my survival fund (not to be confused with my essentials fund). Now I have no shoes to wear and I'm stuck in the continental USA. If you see a barefoot girl walking around NYC, please give her your spare change.

Happy Tax Day! Will you protest with tea leaves or swallow the inevitable?

No comments:

Post a Comment