FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We All Scream for Free Ice Cream!

Ben and Jerry make great boyfriends. They are there for you when you need them, at any time of the day or night. They are loyal - once they enter your freezer, they don't move to another woman's freezer. They are sweet and always make you happy. Why can't all men be like B & J?

Cherry Garcia got me through finals junior year. Half Baked brought me back to life when my first love broke my heart. Chunky Monkey kept me company when I felt lonely after moving away from home.

Ladies, don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.

While I have not fully succumbed to the idea that the perfect man is only available in the freezer aisle, I will rejoice on this day because today is FREE CONE DAY!

I know bikini season is creeping upon us and everyone and their ex-girlfriends will be half-naked in East Hampton come Memorial Day, but seriously I don't know if I can resist a free scoop of heaven. Let's be honest, Pinkberry just doesn't cut it sometimes.

Thankfully for my body, the only Ben & Jerry's in NYC is up in Toronto. And by Toronto I mean West 104th and Broadway. Since it's so far from civilization I don't get up there very much, which is a good thing because that means I can still fit in my jeans. But I'm considering making the trip abroad for a free scoop.

Maybe if I walk up there I won't feel so bad about eating a scoop of Oatmeal Cookie Chunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment