FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tutti Frutti

I have always been sceptical of the fruit stands all over the city. I don't know, just something about buying fruit off a cart that's sitting next to piles of trash bags, bus stops, wandering crazy people, mailboxes - you get it. Just doesn't seem sanitary. But nonetheless, people are always lined up to pick out ripe strawberries and cherries.

Sarah always talks about her "fruit man" on 33rd and 2nd and how delish his fruit is. She's still alive and well, so I figured his peaches must check out OK.

I decided to stop by Sarah's fruit guy today since I was passing his cart on my way home. At first glance, everything looked good. No flies buzzing around, no rats gnawing on the oranges.

"2 for $1 apples!," fruit guy tell me.

That's a deal! I've been having a weird apple obsession lately, and spending all my money at the market on the forbidden fruit. Well no more. I am now a fruit cart customer!

Cheap and good. Can't beat that. Now if only I could find a decent coffee cart...

No comments:

Post a Comment