FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Friday, June 5, 2009

The War of the Donuts

I've never met anyone who doesn't like donuts. Frosting, glaze, sprinkles, cream filling - all delicious components of our favorite hollow treats.

I never stop for donuts because one sweet fluffy treat never seems to be enough, and I end up eating a days' worth of calories in about 20 minutes. But maybe today will be different.

In honor of National Donut Day, Dunkin' Donuts is giving away a free donut with purchase of any beverage. So you can dunk in your coffee or your Diet Coke - whatever floats your boat.

But the donut giveaway doesn't stop there. Always one-upping DD, Krispy Kreme is giving away donuts - no purchase necessary.

The good thing about this deal is that it promotes portion control - you only get one. I guess I can handle that. Or maybe I'll ask for a donut hole instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment