FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Finagles

About a month ago, SGS and I were out in Murray Hill and looking for a place to grab a quick dinner. However, while walking down 3rd Ave, we noticed that everyone was out on the terraces drinking wine. We only made it 5 blocks before deciding that dinner wasn't necessary, so we went to The Hill and joined everyone else on the patio.

White wine, champagne and hummus makes for a very tasty and nutritious dinner, I promise.

Along with the bill, the waitress brought out survey cards. Normally, I never think twice about completing a survey. I'm either too full or too tired, and I just want to leave. However, this time was different. I think it was our liquid dinners that made us fill out the cards.

We must have given the place a 5-star rating, because two weeks ago we both received emails stating that we can each pick a night to have a free hour of drinks at The Hill. The name might be a little cheesy, and it's actually what I wanted to name the reality show that documents Wendi's and my life in NYC. But now it belongs to a Murray Hill bar/restaurant. You snooze, you lose.

Last night was "Sarah's Party," at The Hill, in which a bunch of us drank and no cost. We had to wear neon blue wrist bands to separate us from the commoners, which made me feel like I was at a college theme party. However, I could suck it up and wear the band when the theme of the night is one hour of free cocktails.

You can imagine how quickly everyone was sucking down their Melon-tinis and Bud Light. Nate and his friend from LA, Burg, thought our pink martinis were so pretty that they had try them. The dilemma: how do straight guys drink Cosmos while still holding on to their manliness? They chug them in 2 gulps. Good one, guys.

I guess you could say it was our version of a power-hour. So the moral of story? Fill out survey cards. You never know what reward you'll receive for giving a spot good ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment