FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

What a Stash


Yesterday was The Stash Consignment sale. I got there early to make sure that I could have a chance to see all the fabulous things before someone else bought them. Immediately, I was greeted by the lovely Élan Kaplan Barish, founder of The Stash, and darling Julia of Sunshine Sachs. Julia had on killer gold & black leopard pumps that immediately caught my eye... until I saw the mimosa bar.

Oops 11:30AM on a Wednesday and a mimosa was the only thing I had consumed. Ok, ready to shop, mimosa in hand, Élan and Julia took me through the racks of designer deals. The silver Marc Jacobs coat almost made me spill my drink- it was stunning! And when Julia tried on the rose pink YSL jacket we all just about lost it. We went through racks of Dior (I die), Missoni (oh my) and had the best time searching for more treasures.

Julia pulled an amazing Miu Miu navy and royal blue tunic that she insisted I try. You don't have to twist my arm to try an a $100 silk Miu Miu tunic! (Which, by the way, we decided could be a dress with the proper undergarments.)

As I scanned the shoes I cursed my genes for giving me a size 9 because I saw the most adorable Gucci flats - size 6. I felt like the Ugly Step Sister trying to squeeze into Cinderella's glass slipper. Oh well. I had my prince, and his name was Miu Miu.

I could have stayed all day, watching everyone try on these great pieces. An editor from Ebony tried on a sassy Alexander Wang romper and Barney shoes and the whole room went wild. There was no way she was leaving without her new outfit.

And there was no way I was leaving without a mini banana cupcake. They were bite size so I can still fit into my new tunic/dress and I really needed substance. Plus, it was banana, and that's healthy, right? I left the sale a very satisfied recessionista.

No comments:

Post a Comment