FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Show Me Your Tweets

This weekend my girlfriends and I went to the current hot-spot in Scottsdale: the rooftop at the W Hotel. While scanning through the $30,000-millionaires wearing Ed Hardy shirts and True Religion jeans, we ended up running into an SMU alum and found that his friends didn't fall into the typical Scottsdale-guy category. 

After talking to one of the guys for a while and doing the whole small-talk "where did you go to school/where do you live/what do you do" conversation, we moved on to a more important topic: Twitter. 

I won't bore you with our re-tweet questions and @ reply answers, and I will just get straight to the end of the night. That's when the real fun happens, anyways.

Instead of asking for my number or even my BBM pin, TwitterGuy asked for my Twitter name. What the Tweet!?

Although in this case it made sense for him to follow my Tweets rather than get my digits, I called him out on his TwitterCrime

"Look at where our generation is - we have found so many forms of 'communication' that we have forgotten how to actually communicate with each other."

TwitterGuy agreed with me as he emailed himself my Twitter name on his CrackBerry.

I didn't even have to wait three days for him to call - I mean, follow me! The next day my CrackBerry was blinking with a TwitterEmail informing me of my newest follower! 

I would classify this TwitterCrime as very low offense because it was somewhat appropriate, but I'm wondering if this is going to become the norm. Pretty soon we are going to start introducing ourselves with an @ before our names. Things are getting so backwards; as if Facebook didn't make things complicated enough. Now I'm going to have to sensor my Tweets, too.

So TwitterGuy gets to see my Tweets without having to take me out. What a lucky Twittstard.

Maybe I should starting Tweeting with protection.

1 comment:

  1. ... Guess you're just not meeting the right guys.
    I'd take a number over a twitter any day, and a date over a blog, but hey, I'm old fashioned

    ReplyDelete