FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Holiday at Home

Memorial Day weekend is officially here, which means it's time to finalize your summer plans (besides weekends in the Hampton's, of course).

But where do you go that is budget-friendly and still makes for a great getaway? Home, sweet home.

Think about it: no cost per night, complimentary maid/Mom service, unlimited buffet & free meals out, drivers, shopping trips, pampering... need I say more? You'll get the celeb treatment just for making an appearance.

I've been on holiday at home for the past 9 days in sunny and brutally hot Phoenix, AZ. It's basically like being at a spa... or rehab maybe. Either way, I could use the break from the fast-paced NYC life. The more time I spend away from home, the more I love coming back. 

My home-cation has been nothing but delicious home cooked meals, dinners at the best restaurants, leisurely days, nights out with friends and hanging with the fam. I've even re-created a luxurious Scottsdale resort in my very own backyard. It's a 105 degree oasis.... all I need are some misters or hot men waving giant palm leaves.

And having a car (that I don't pay to fill up the tank) has been fantastic! I don't have to walk to the subway or wait for the bus if I want to go somewhere - I can just hop in the car and drive! 

I am blessed with the most amazing parents, family and friends. They make it so good to come home - so good I could almost stay here and live like an A-lister. The best part about home is that the door is always open - no matter how long you're gone, what bag you're carrying or how much money you have (or don't have).

Recessionistas have to be smart about their vacations. This might not be the summer to cruise around Greece; however, it is the summer to head home, float around in the pool and go out for Greek food. Make your own Greece, and you'll be a Goddess of Budget Vacation.

Want to travel home for free as well? Click your red-soled Christian Louboutins three times and repeat, "There's No Place Like Home."

1 comment:

  1. jajajajajaja i am glad to see lady is taking care of you...now, speaking of low-budge vacations, lets get on the ball with moni and a vegas vacation for later this summer...besos, your latin american correspondent

    ReplyDelete