FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Massage On-The-Go

This morning during my massage, Mike (aka: Hulk Hands), was shocked to find so many golf-ball sized knots in my back.

"What's going on in your life dear?," he asked. "It's pretty rugged in there."

Yes, Mike, it's a war zone. When he asked me if I was taking finals, I just said no without explaining the whole my-company-was-shut-down-in-the-worst-economy situation. I'll take it as a compliment that he thought I looked young enough to be taking finals, as long as he didn't mean high school.

It was probably the most painful massage I've ever had. I was clenching my teeth the entire time as he dug his hands deep into my knotted neck and back. He told me I was a "Stage 3," which I'm guessing is the worst. 

Then the inevitable question came: "When was your last massage?" Why do masseuses always ask this? They make me feel bad for not being able to afford monthly massages. Can't you tell it's been ages, Mike?

If you're like me, and not one of the fortunate who have the pleasure of getting a Swedish as often as you pay your Visa bill, don't fret - there is a solution.

Tiger Balm has created an amazing pain-relieving cream to soothe your sore neck and shoulders. This massage on-the-go is perfect for our busy and stressful lives. I've been using the cream and it feels like heaven. 

Imagine thousands of minuscule hands rubbing your neck and shoulders while you ride the subway, finish that proposal or search for a job that doesn't exist. It makes all your troubles go away, and won't make your wallet as sore as your lower back.

Tiger Balm is only available in New York right now, and can be found in Duane Reades in the NYC area. Take that, L.A.

The cream smells like a spa, and I'm thinking next time I use it I will pour myself a glass of cucumber-infused ice water to create a "serenity now" experience.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment