FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Broadway on a Budget

I love going to Broadway shows - unfortunately, I end up spending my money on what could have been a ticket to Rock of Ages on a new cocktail dress instead.

Just seems more effective- the dress I'll have for a long time, and Billy Elliot will leave me after two hours.

Fortunately, my lack of commitment to Broadway has found a solution: Broadway in Bryant Park!

Now I can spend my afternoons getting samples of the best current shows without having to spend a thing - well, maybe for a cookie and lemonade at Le Pain Quotidien.

Every Thursday from today through August 13, enjoy a sample selection of four shows in the open air Bryant Park lawn. Instead of being stuck with one show in a cold theatre for two hours, you get to watch the biggest hits from different shows. In one hour, you can start at the Opera go down the Yellow Brick Road then under the sea to Washington Heights. It's like tapas for musicals - just a little taste of everything. Great for those with ADD.

Maybe I'll decide that I like one of the shows enough to go see the entire production and sacrifice a new pair of heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment