FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Minty Fresh

I’ve never really been a numbers person, which probably directly correlates to the fact that I am terrible at budgeting. I have no set plan for myself, and my go-with-the-flow-of-my-credit-card theory is just not going to fly anymore.

Excel sheets make me dizzy and I’m lazy when it comes to keeping track of my purchases and balance. I had come to the resolution that I’m out of luck, until my friend Kristine told me about Mint.com.

When I think of mint my mind runs to mint-chocolate chip ice cream, mojitos and my favorite flavor of Orbit gum. Alas, more good things come in the form of le mint. This genius Web site is your new personal accountant – and Mr. Mint is free!

Mint does all the work for you. After you create an account, register your bank, credit card, home loan and investment accounts. Mint tracks all of your purchases and lets you know how much you’ve spend and how much green you still have in your account. You can even see how much you spend on specific items, such as food, rent, transportation and YSL pumps.

For those of us who like pictures, Mint creates easy-to-read graphs so you can see all of your expenses laid out in pretty colors. You can also set a savings goal, and Mint will help you achieve it.

Dirty budget? Clean it up with Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment