FORGET THE "IT" BAG OR THE "IT" GIRL. THE NEW "IT" IS NOT HAVING "IT" AT ALL. THAT'S RIGHT MY FELLOW NEW YORKERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE COUNTRY, UNEMPLOYMENT IS IN.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

The New Face of Unemployment

Attention UNEMPLOYED New Yorkers!! Have you visited this fabulous Web Site? http://www.labor.state.ny.us/

It's time to start collecting. Sure, it may be only $400 a week, but it's better than nothing. I can think of a lot of things to do with an extra $400 each week. Get your money amigos!

My Mom was really awkward when I said I was going to collect unemployment. In her mind, the stereotypical person in the unemployment line smells like trash, hasn't shaved in weeks, has a crying baby in one arm, a wandering eye and dreadlocks. Well, Mom, say hello to the new face of unemployment: freshly blown-dry hair, black Botkier bag, manicured nails, HOLLYWOULD heels and a pearly white smile!

When I suggested she paid me unemployment each week, she quickly became quiet and gave me her blessing. Gee, thanks Mom. I'm the new poster girl for unemployment!

Now what will I wear for my close-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment